Main Menu

Roll Call - Z2 @T-hill <$$$ A,B,C 07-30 - 07/31 2011 SSA DISCOUNT TrackDay

Started by GreenMachine, May 10, 2011, 10:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jp_Rio

Do they really check it? I mean, do they open every single bike radiator cap to check out what you are running? Or is it through the coolant reservoir? How do they check it? Just curious...
What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

oldBolt

Quote from: Jp_Rio on July 27, 2011, 12:53:04 PM
I'll be riding C group, of course. Anybody else on C?

Ill be in that there group. (C)

Looking forward to seeing if I can get it out of second gear.

Motorcycles scare me :ohno
"I have inhaled, exhaled everything." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Jp_Rio

Quote from: oldBolt on July 27, 2011, 05:24:04 PM
Quote from: Jp_Rio on July 27, 2011, 12:53:04 PM
I'll be riding C group, of course. Anybody else on C?

Ill be in that there group. (C)

Cool buddy, it's been a while since I saw you last time. Will do some laps together!

dub

Quote from: Jp_Rio on July 27, 2011, 05:11:08 PM
Do they really check it? I mean, do they open every single bike radiator cap to check out what you are running? Or is it through the coolant reservoir? How do they check it? Just curious...

I assume they would just look at the coolant reservoir to see if it's green or clear.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Tahoebrian5

well I'm signed up for novice.. is that the same as C ? Maybe I should be in D  :D
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Jp_Rio

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on July 27, 2011, 05:56:11 PM
well I'm signed up for novice.. is that the same as C ? Maybe I should be in D  :D

Yes, they are the same thing. Cool! I thought I would be riding by myself but seems like we got a small group going for C class!!   :GrnWheelie

Is it Sunday yet?

GreenMachine

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on July 27, 2011, 05:56:11 PM
Alright Columbo, you can stop the act.  There's only one reason you remotely qualify for C, the fact that this is your first track day.  You should be immediately moved up to B where you can show everyone in that field proper riding technique.  You've got that down pat!

Where you go from there is dependent on how much speed you're willing to tackle.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Oneup

They usually don't check, they just ask.  They run on the honor system.  Keep in mind that if you lie and end up dumping coolant on the track you will not only anger every one at the track (coolant takes 3-4 times longer to clean up than oil), but Z2 won't be real excited about you being a customer with them again.

The coolant rule used to be required by all providers because all tracks used to require it (along with safety wiring your drain plug and oil filter).  Over the last few years the tracks have dropped this rule due to the fact that motorcycles rarely leak coolant or rupture a radiator in a crash.  When the tracks started dropping the rule so did the providers.  Z2 has kept this rule because in the rare event that someone does dump coolant on the track it ends up being a complete disaster and ruins everyone's day.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Tahoebrian5

Ok, I'm full of trouble.. No trailer now. I'm loading in the back of my truck. Unloading on flat ground is not an option. Is there a slope or something nearby at the track that can be used to unload? Also in the past I've unloaded out of my truck onto a trailer first, and then onto the ground if anyone is available.

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

dub

Don't worry, there will be plenty of people around who will be more than happy to help you unload/load.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Jp_Rio

Quote from: Oneup on July 27, 2011, 06:51:21 PM
They usually don't check, they just ask.  They run on the honor system.  Keep in mind that if you lie and end up dumping coolant on the track you will not only anger every one at the track (coolant takes 3-4 times longer to clean up than oil), but Z2 won't be real excited about you being a customer with them again.

This totally makes sense. I could have less problem with that particular case tho, am running pure distilled water already.  :thumbup

Quote from: Oneup on July 27, 2011, 06:51:21 PM
Z2 has kept this rule because in the rare event that someone does dump coolant on the track it ends up being a complete disaster and ruins everyone's day.

This make sense too. Although being a fine line between how often an accident with coolant being spread over the track happens versus the costumer cursing about having to dump whatever they are running to meet Z2 rule. Personally, after hearing how bad it is to clean coolant from the track, I kinda agree with Z2 rule, but... that's just me.

Jp_Rio

Quote from: dub on July 27, 2011, 09:47:17 PM
Don't worry, there will be plenty of people around who will be more than happy to help you unload/load.

Right, Dub??  ;D

Oneup

Thill has a raised area that some people use to load and unload bikes but unless your truck has a huge lift and massive tires there is no reason the bike can't be unloaded on flat ground. If you want I'll being a ramp to help you.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Tahoebrian5

Thanks, that will likely be the scariest part of the weekend for me

CptnHornblower

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on July 28, 2011, 12:41:38 PM
Thanks, that will likely be the scariest part of the weekend for me

I think the scariest part is trying to take a leak with leathers on and not get anything caught in the zipper  ;D
Earnest Hemingway : There are only 3 sports, Bullfighting, Motor Racing and Mountain climbing. All the rest are games.