Main Menu

Roll Call - Z2 @T-hill <$$$ A,B,C 07-30 - 07/31 2011 SSA DISCOUNT TrackDay

Started by GreenMachine, May 10, 2011, 10:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Oneup

Quote from: dub on July 13, 2011, 09:35:05 AM
Thanks to those that set this up. I'm gonna sign up when I get paid this week. Looking forward to riding with y'all at the track again.

So, what groups is everyone riding in?

I haven't ridden with Z2 before. How relaxed are they about switching groups and maybe riding in a group that isn't your own with friends towards the end of the day as the herd thins out?

Z2 is pretty strict when it comes to following rules.  They don't have a problem with switching you to a different group if you want, but they generally don't allow people to run in multiple groups.  They sell a two group option for the day and feel it is unfair to the people that paid for two groups if they let others "poach".  They also have a strict no crashing policy.  If you crash 99.99% of the time you will not be allowed back on track for the rest of the day. 

That being said they off some of the best and by far the most instruction of any trackday.  Their instructors are very talented at teaching and they will work with you all day if you want.  That goes for any group.

I'll be there Friday night.  I won't be able to get in until Saturday morning but if you guys would like we can set up a SSA area and all pit together.  Lisa and I should be able to get in a little early because she is staff so I can reserve whichever area you guys would like.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Rick Bay (BRA)

dub

Quote from: Oneup on July 14, 2011, 05:14:23 PM
...but they generally don't allow people to run in multiple groups.  They sell a two group option for the day and feel it is unfair to the people that paid for two groups if they let others "poach"....

That's what I figured

Quote from: Oneup on July 14, 2011, 05:14:23 PM...if you guys would like we can set up a SSA area and all pit together.  Lisa and I should be able to get in a little early because she is staff so I can reserve whichever area you guys would like.

I think that would be nice.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

oldBolt

Quote from: Oneup on July 14, 2011, 05:14:23 PM
.... she is staff so I can reserve whichever area you guys would like.

I vote for the first canopy near the restrooms and the shower.   ;D

It's going to be hot: water in water out. The shorter the walk the better. (IMO)
"I have inhaled, exhaled everything." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Tahoebrian5

I'm thinking about going down friday night as well. Is camping available friday night?

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Oneup

Camping is not available at the track Friday night. Z2 won't pay for the track on Friday night so if you camp it has to be outside the gates.

The first canopy will be hard to get a group in due to the fact it's half of it is usually taken by the staff. I'll see what I can do. I'll have my toy hauler so I'll try and park it on the far side(closer to turn 15) of the first canopy.

Oneup

I spoke with Z2 about reserving part of the canopy and they said that as of right now they had 0 sign ups with the code Lisa.  To quote them "no sign ups equals no canopy reservation".

oldBolt

Quote from: Oneup on July 15, 2011, 08:08:41 PM
"no sign ups equals no canopy reservation".

;D

Ill be in (pay) on Wednesday the 19th.  Have to cover bills first. (feed the kids etc.)
I think others mentioned they too where waiting on payday.   

Tahoebrian5

Rick Bay (BRA)

Rick Bay (BRA)

youngster775

Quote from: Rick Bay on July 19, 2011, 10:19:33 PM
I just signed up for both days.
I'll see you guys over there!
:banana2 :nana
NICE!!! see you there Rick, I'll sign up any day now....  :r6y
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

oldBolt

OK made good on my commitment: in both days   :crazy

Any one heading there Friday evening and would like to convoy or meet some where let me know as I plan on sleeping in my vehicle at the gate or something like that. Don't think a could manage driving there then ridding the same day.

Does any one know what the hotel availability or general costs of rooms are there?  Maybe we can split the cost (2 - 4 ways).  Just a suggestion.

:flagSSA

Oneup

I'll be leaving Reno about 4:30-5 on Friday night if anyone wants to convoy.  Only issue is I'll be pulling a big toy hauler and probably won't be going very fast.