Main Menu

Roll Call - Z2 @T-hill <$$$ A,B,C 07-30 - 07/31 2011 SSA DISCOUNT TrackDay

Started by GreenMachine, May 10, 2011, 10:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldBolt

Tomorrow bike night? OK I am assuming you will post up the info. Where do you meet, 775 or somewhere else on Wednesdays?
"I have inhaled, exhaled everything." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Rick Bay (BRA)

GreenMachine

Quote from: Rick Bay on June 29, 2011, 10:52:21 PM
So, how much?

Quote from: GreenMachine on May 10, 2011, 10:25:26 PMThe more who participate, the bigger the savings...all Z2 discounts will be distributed equally to all SSA members who participate on either or both days.

Regular Trackday admission is listed as $195/day for Saturday 07/30/11 and $185/day for Sunday 07/31/11, but due to our volume, that price can go lower.
Still to be determined.  As we get more who commit, the price should be lower than what Z2 advertises.  By how much exactly, we won't know until closer to the event.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Scott

GSX-R600

Rick Bay (BRA)

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

JoeBar52

Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside. (Valentino Rossi)

Scott

OK! WE HAVE RECEIVED OUR PROMO CODE AND CAN NOW BUY OUR DAYS!!

SATURDAY JUL 30TH
SUNDAY JUL 31ST

USE PROMO CODE: lisa

GSX-R600

Tahoebrian5

Just to be sure... I should sign up for the novice class as this is my first track day?
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Scott

GSX-R600

dub

Thanks to those that set this up. I'm gonna sign up when I get paid this week. Looking forward to riding with y'all at the track again.

So, what groups is everyone riding in?

I haven't ridden with Z2 before. How relaxed are they about switching groups and maybe riding in a group that isn't your own with friends towards the end of the day as the herd thins out?
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Tahoebrian5

I'm gonna pay when I get a check in as well.. looks like we get $20 off per day.

Couple questions..

1) Being my first track day I'm not sure what I might need. I read the bike prep thread and am good on that but any suggestions on other stuff? what ammenities are there? food? shade? a place to chill between sessions?

2) My girlfriend wants to come check it out. Is she gonna be allowed in the area if she's not riding? Maybe if i get her an umbrella and tight outfit people will think Im a pro :o

3) Any suggestions of where to stay Saturday night?

4) My tires (power pures) are about 70%. If I roast em on saturday is there services to get em changed out at the track?

5) How long are the sessions and how long between?

Any other suggestions are very welcome. Looking forward to having a lot of fun!

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

youngster775

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on July 13, 2011, 09:50:38 AM
I'm gonna pay when I get a check in as well.. looks like we get $20 off per day.

Couple questions..

1) Being my first track day I'm not sure what I might need. I read the bike prep thread and am good on that but any suggestions on other stuff? what ammenities are there? food? shade? a place to chill between sessions?

2) My girlfriend wants to come check it out. Is she gonna be allowed in the area if she's not riding? Maybe if i get her an umbrella and tight outfit people will think Im a pro :o

3) Any suggestions of where to stay Saturday night?

4) My tires (power pures) are about 70%. If I roast em on saturday is there services to get em changed out at the track?

5) How long are the sessions and how long between?

Let me try to answer all your questions...
ThunderHill is beautiful, and Z2 does a great job with everything else. There will be a cafe there, a gift shop, restrooms, tire vendor, photographers, etc....
Your girlfriend can definitely come and hang out right there with us in the pits. saturday you can camp on the track or stay at the Best Western right down the street. Sessions are 20 min. per group, 3 groups. so you will be up every 40 min. I think that covers all you r questions my friend, see you there! 
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

Tahoebrian5

Thanks, sounds like good times. On camping, I didn't see any info on their website. Is there a fee? showers / bathrooms?

dub

Couple questions..

Q)  Being my first track day I'm not sure what I might need. I read the bike prep thread and am good on that but any suggestions on other stuff? what ammenities are there? food? shade? a place to chill between sessions?

A)  Have you seen this page?  It will give you lots of the info you seek.  The bike prep thread is for SSA track days; this is a Z2 track day and you must abide by their requirements.
There is food in the form of a cafe (burgers and stuff) but you should bring some high energy snacks for through the day.  As far as I know it's only open for lunch, so if you're gonna camp, bring breakfast and dinner too.  The paddock has big fixed canopies that we can pit under.  Even if you aren't under them someone will be happy to share their shade.  Your place to chill between sessions will be your (our?) pit.  I assume most, if not all, of the SSA group will pit together or at least near each other.
As far as what else you should bring?  Lots and lots of WATER.  Since this is your first track day, just keep it simple.  Make sure to bring all your gear, prepped bike (motorcycle key!), food, water, camping gear (if you choose).  Luckily, you will be amongst a group of friends and we can help you out with whatever else you may need (tools to remove your wheels, misc pit amenities for example).

Q)  My girlfriend wants to come check it out. Is she gonna be allowed in the area if she's not riding? Maybe if i get her an umbrella and tight outfit people will think Im a pro :o

A)  Yes, anyone is allowed in the paddock to hang out..  Is she hawt?  If so tight outfit is required.

Q)  Any suggestions of where to stay Saturday night?

A)  I suggest you camp because it's free, its fun and when you wake up you are already where you need to be.  There are bathrooms and showers.

Q)  My tires (power pures) are about 70%.  If I roast em on saturday is there services to get em changed out at the track?

A)  Yes, there will be a vendor who will sell you new tires and mount them, or mount the ones you brought with you, anytime throughout the day. 

Q)  How long are the sessions and how long between?

A)  Answered on previously linked page.

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019