Main Menu

Backyard Flat Track and n00b XR100 Trail Ride

Started by Yard Sale, November 15, 2008, 09:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yard Sale

Welcome to the Cold Springs Supercamp...

Your host, Kevin

First timer ever-ever, Liz

She's actually looking where she's going this time

Liz's instructor, Kay

n00b smile

Yard Sale, aka 2strokeYardSale

stylin'

look through the turn, n00b

4 stroke Yard Sale

Going around in circles makes me dizzy

Yard Sale

There was an impromptu trail ride for the benefit of the n00b Liz. Maybe it was a dual sport ride because we rode a few blocks on the street.

XR100 <> YZ250 and I did not make this hill; it was kind of sad and pathetic, really

Closed to motorized vehicles, get used to it

Kay had a flat front tire and he thought the best way to deal with it was to ride side-saddle, with dark sunglasses past sundown, which still isn't as hard as trying to take a picture while riding my own bike

Side-saddle into the sunset

Back yard fire pit: exhaust nozzle from a Pratt & Whitney J79 turbojet engine (F-4, F-104) used in the land speed record car of Craig Breedlove and Steve Fossett

A DRAGON

I like the way you keep the weeds down in your back yard to. That fire pit is pretty awesome to.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

POSER 511

great pic's looks like alot of fun. iam sorry to see the closed trails, i thought only california closed trails. pretty soon it will just be 50's in the house.

z1rider

Quote from: A DRAGON on November 16, 2008, 07:50:20 AM
I like the way you keep the weeds down in your back yard to. That fire pit is pretty awesome to.
i guess them lawn mowers are better at keeping the yard well groomed. ;D

crzydog

That fire pit is bad ass!  I really need to get another XR100 as that looked like way too much fun.
Dude, you were flying when I passed you....

independent

It was fun for me, too!
Thanks, Erik, Kay & Liz for coming over & playing. I didn't know it was Liz's first time riding until late in the day, she picked it up really quick. Keep those eyes moving!
I posted pics to flickr, here's the link-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40374452@N00/

Anybody for next time?
cheers

Team Gorgonzola

I want in, I got a 1995 XR 250 and of course Luca's XR 80.

ps link is not working
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

JENX!!!

Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

Dandelion

Yard Sale

Just wondering if I Kevin's pictures will show up...

independent

How'd you do that, Yardsale? (post the pics that I took)

Did my link to flickr not work?

Alberto, your 250 is too big for the back yard. You'll have to take turns with Luca on the 80, it's the perfect size.
Lemme know when...

Yard Sale

Yeah your link worked (after I dragged it out of my junk mail). Flickr photos are at web resource addresses so I just used Copy Image Address, then pasted into here using the Insert Image icon.

Justin

This year's recipient for the annual "Northern Nevada's Best Neighbor" award goes to .  .  .  .  . 

If you keep riding in circles you'll make a pond!

Yard Sale

Heh, he tried to make a pond with his garden hose. That's how I had my first crash and got all muddy, I was riding the bike with the rear street tire.

Neighbors don't mind: an XR100 is considerably quieter than a lawn mower or leaf blower.