Main Menu

Carson City Flat Track Race This Weekend

Started by dub, August 17, 2016, 01:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub

California Flat Track Association is putting on a race this Saturday at Fuji Park in Carson City.

I'm registered to race the 100cc mini moto. If any one has a mini bike you should definitely come and race, it will be a hoot!

If not, just come watch. I've never been to a flat track race, but I hear it's pretty much just one big party.

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

slmoto

I was already planning on going. Didn't know about the mini moto tough, wish I had a 100cc bike to run, that sounds like fun. I'll keep an eye out for you on the mini moto.

GreenMachine

That could be fun, with the added interest of seeing someone we know competing.

Not looking for a Saturday evening party, but I'll see about making this one.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 18, 2016, 07:28:22 AM

RG and I are going as well as some of the guys I ride dirt with. Still figuring at the details at the moment, maybe meeting up for dinner before the races. Hit me up if you want to join us and I'll let you know what's going on once we finalize the plans. I was also thinking of maybe doing VC/truck route on the way, more fun than 395 and only adds a little extra time.

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 18, 2016, 07:33:48 AM
So next question.  How does one go about buying tickets in advance?

You should have stuck to your plan of going to PJ's last night. There was a girl there selling them, I got mine from her, I would have picked you up one if I knew you were interested. :(

Looks like you can still purchase them in advance here:
https://squareup.com/store/carson-city-visitors-bureau/item/outlaw-flat-track-motorcycle-races

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 18, 2016, 07:28:22 AM

Change of plans we are just going to drive, you're welcome to join us if you like. We'll be leaving a little early to stop for something to eat prior to the event.

dub

You guy should race. They have an Open Amateur, Open Traction class. Open traction means knobbies are allowed. Just throw some numbers on your dirt bikes and bang bars with each other.

slmoto

Quote from: dub on August 18, 2016, 08:30:02 PM
You guy should race. They have an Open Amateur, Open Traction class. Open traction means knobbies are allowed. Just throw some numbers on your dirt bikes and bang bars with each other.

Are you entering any other class besides the mini moto?

I'll keep it in mind if they come back next year, could be fun. I didn't even think to look to enter amateur classes until you just posted this.

dub

No just the minis. There is a handful of us friends doing it. I just wanna rip around with them for bragging rights. Some future pro flat tracker little kids will probably smoke us anyway.

GreenMachine

Forced ride.  Oh darn!

Going down in 15 minutes to pickup my ticket.  Taking in VC on the way back.  If you put in a buy on a ticket under my name, I'll pick it up for you...or come on along.  :)

GreenMachine

So here's the deal.  If you want to go and save $5, and you use SL's link to pre-pay your ticket, you can buy the ticket as late as, assuming you live in Reno, about 5:00 PM tonight and not pay the additional $5 at the gate, so $15.  But you must pick the ticket up at the CC tourism office by their closing time of 6:00 PM.  Don't pay much attention to what the order site tells you.  That's what the gal said to me this morning.  There's some confusion with what was put on the Web site.

So order by 5:00 PM tonight or thereabouts, get your ticket in hand by 6:00 PM and join us down I-395 at the Fuji Park.

She said ticket sales were heavy and there's going to be a fairly high attendance tonight.  Not a problem for those of us riding in.   8)

SL, where you departing from tonight?  You said something about riding VC on the way there.  Sounds good.  Post up.

Mel

GreenMachine

Not as wild, loose or fast as a usual flat track oval and the main events weren't that great of races, from a spectator standpoint; not much passing.  But the heat races were fun to watch.

It was a pretty good time.  Didn't get all dirty, like with Outlaw cars and the weather was nice enough that the whole beer drinking experience was pleasureful.