August 7 ride South

Started by rg500nut, August 06, 2016, 03:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rg500nut

Anyone planning on going tomorrow?

RG
2 strokes always...............

GreenMachine

Had not given it much thought.  Maybe.  Are you thinking the summit route on the schedule or something passes through CC so you can intercept us there?

I know Dragon wants to go riding. 
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

rg500nut

Nothing firm, just saw the scheduled ride and wondered if I had missed the conversation.  I would like to intercept @Markleeville or Woodfords if anyone coming that way.

Or a good Hot weather ride is up Rose, around lake, down Spooner to CC, up truck route to VC back to Reno.  Can be done in less than 2 hours, but you do 3 passes in less than 90 miles.  Not many places can that be done.  It also is cool everywhere but Carson.

Really not a bad run for a quick easy one..............

rg500nut

Have a wedding to go to @ 5:30. so will check back later tonight

RichVee4

I'm in for a moderate ride Sunday.  Like the idea of something south.   I've promised the Mrs we'd go out for coffee at Homage in the morning at 8:30.  If anyone wanted to come its a popular local spot.  Excellent baked goods to go with coffee.  If not, I could probably make a 9:30 meet up.

http://www.homagereno.com/#!blank-3/wfjth
Live long and prosper \V/

PAPASMURF

heard from dragon ;D glad he wants to go. sorry i ll miss the ride. maybe next wk :blackbike
S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

Quote from: RichVee4 on August 06, 2016, 04:51:06 PM
I'm in for a moderate ride Sunday.  Like the idea of something south.   I've promised the Mrs we'd go out for coffee at Homage in the morning at 8:30.  If anyone wanted to come its a popular local spot.  Excellent baked goods to go with coffee.  If not, I could probably make a 9:30 meet up.

http://www.homagereno.com/#!blank-3/wfjth
519 ralston street
reno, nv 89503

Meet you guys down there, I suppose, if RG's good with that. 

I don't drink coffee nor eat that stuff, but I can still meet you there.  Dragon's going to be there too.  Just spoke to him.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Quote from: PAPASMURF on August 06, 2016, 08:26:15 PM
heard from dragon ;D glad he wants to go. sorry i ll miss the ride. maybe next wk :blackbike
We'll miss you Ps, but we'll be thinking abou-cha.

Have fun shopping.  :P

RichVee4

I know RG drinks coffee, apparently he didnt get to finish his coffee last outing.  I couldnt turn my bike off because I was charging my battery so I guess I owe him one.
Live long and prosper \V/

rg500nut

great call, sounds cool.  Everyone will  have a place to lie to their friends,

No, all good, see all 8:30 - 9:00..................

RG

GreenMachine

Pushing 9:00 AM now?

Alright.  You guys have your coffee and crumpets.  I'll be along after 8:30.

A DRAGON

I got here early. I just had to check this place out.  So far no drama. How disappointing.  Wanted to see a cat fight.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

Ton of fun with you guys today!  So many too!

Glad everyone was able to follow the change-up for the morning meet up plan and for waiting for the straggler.  :P

East shore wasn't too terribly bad, just slow going due to pedestrians walking along the sides.  Took Jerome's short-cut through Incline.  Having split up into two groups made everyone happy.

Got to ride Vr's Duc and he mine.  Both our backs ached, but it was fun to try something different and for each of us to see how our bikes looked from others' perspective.

:thumbup