Main Menu

Roll Call - MRR - 11 pines/Wentworth Springs

Started by GreenMachine, July 21, 2016, 08:52:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Clockwise loop, I-395 south to Kingbury Grade, hwy 50 S. Lake Tahoe to Kyburz, Icehouse, WWS, 11 Pines, MRR, I-80 home.  South route ride.

Planned 8:30 AM kickstands up (KSU)*.  Conditions are somewhat unfavorable due to forecast heat wave.  Would entertain alternate rides, either on Saturday or Sunday, the earlier the better just to get the riding in while it's still cool.

This will be one of our longer rides and not for the faint of heart, as we typically take in MRR. 

RSVP** if you're planning on going.   If you do not RSVP, the ride may be canceled even if you had planned on showing up the day of the ride.  We'll depart on the ride as soon as everyone arrives and is ready, meaning, that if there are any newb riders, I will go over some of the key items they'll need to know.

South route ride.  This is a minimum C+ level ride pace route, specifically for the technical nature and dangerous drop offs.  Meet at the Geiger Maverik Country Store. 

As always, see 2015 SSA Ride Schedule for everything that is expected of you and what you can expect.  *** Safety is paramount. ***

Hope to see you there.

* KSU dependent on when everybody is ready.
** RSVP - répondez, s'il vous plaît a.k.a. please reply.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

This ride has been cancelled.  Maybe reschedule it for another time, but it's really hot out there, even worse over on that side of the mountain.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

PAPASMURF

going to SCOOTERS for lunch. sierraville, yuba, gold lake, quincy for gas, then hwy 70 to jarbo gap where the cafe is then back. 915 or so,  ksu at 4-bucks. tally f-ing ho.  :blackbike
S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

Gonna be like yesterday for me. Brake pads are toast. Replacing now. Doubt I can make 9:15, but I'll txt and head out when I'm close to done. Don't wait up. I'll see if I can hcatch U...no way, Ur too fast now. ;)

Was thinking Yuba as well.

Hope to see U later.

GreenMachine

Prob 15 mins late. Gotta clean up and gear up. If I miss U, Ill try to catch up.

GreenMachine

Egads, it was hot out there today!  But cooling off on the deck at Bucks Lake was relaxing and enjoyable.

Papa's getting really competent or should I say confident on his BMW.  That bike makes getting around slower traffic a breeze.

Great riding with you today Papa!  A little more miles than I was thinking of doing, but only by about 100 miles.  Strange how when we were leaving Quincy, all the LEOs were headed back from the direction from which we came.  I wonder what that was all about.  Made for some clear sailing, but I liked your pace today.  Much like Rich's yesterday.  Fun factor for me following was much higher.

So no pics today.  :(