Main Menu

Roll Call - La Porte Group Ride 06/26/16

Started by GreenMachine, June 23, 2016, 10:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Planned 8:30 AM kickstands up (KSU).*  Gonna be hot Sunday.  The Sun will have already been up for 2.5 hours by then. Better to start earlier, eat earlier and get home before it's too hot in the mid afternoon.  I'll leave pace and diversions to the group.

This is a north route starting point ride.

Midday temps mildly warm in the upper elevations, high 90s at lower elevations.

Ride distance should be in the 260 mile range.  We'll try to stop in La Porte for lunch, if possible.  Unpredictable whether that's always possible given ownership blues.  They have a small mining museum there too, free to the public or you can donate what you feel is fair.

RSVP** if you're planning on going.   If you do not RSVP, the ride may be canceled even if you had planned on showing up the day of the ride.  We'll depart on the ride as soon as everyone arrives and is ready, meaning, that if there are any newb riders, I will go over some of the key items they'll need to know.

North route rideThis is a minimum C+ level ride pace route, due to unpredictable conditions (sand & gravel on roadway) and sheer unprotected drop-offs.  If you're new to sport riding or riding in general, we'd suggest you exercise extra caution for portions of this ride.  Meet at Starbucks or thereabouts (if parking is an issue).

As always, see 2016 SSA Ride Schedule for everything that is expected of you and what you can expect.  *** Safety is paramount. ***

Hope to see you there.

* KSU dependent on when everybody is ready.
** RSVP - répondez, s'il vous plaît a.k.a. please reply.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Oh, and there's no ride scheduled for next weekend's 4th of July holiday or the following week, which is race weekend.   
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

PAPASMURF

S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

RenoRider75

A DRAGON

Are we leaving from Down Town spot by Our Bar? Or Starbucks?
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

PAPASMURF

four bucks gets my vote.  gas next door. ;D
S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

Starbucks.

It's a little late to change to some place else at the last minute.  If we changed the start place a couple days earlier, I think most people would be able to realize the change.

Way cool!  Four thus far.

MikeHoy

I will be there.  New to your club, but I have ridden Quincy-LaPorte before.  Mike

Do you a release form?
Reply to:

Michael Hoy
2340 Skyline Boulevard
Reno, Nevada 89509
(775) 432-5582

GreenMachine

A release for for La Porte?  What's to worry about?  I've only seen four bike crashes first hand, two at the same corner, for a total of four bikes in one corner.   :terrified

You know where to meet us at, right?  Starbucks, on N. McCarren at I-80.  If not, all the information is in the 2016 group ride thread.  Hope to see you there.