Main Menu

SSA Solstice - CANCELED

Started by GreenMachine, June 06, 2016, 09:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

*** Canceled in favor of another local ride & rain on the coastal passes ***

:announc Planned 5:00 AM kickstands up (KSU).*  This is our bi-annual SSA Solstice ride, of a minimum 600 miles in one day.

One of our longest scheduled group ride routes, taking us to Fort Bragg, CA, for clam chowder and some fun roads in between.  Short of being a true Iron Butt ride, at over 600 miles to and from, this is still a very long ride on a sport bike.  Scheduled to coincide with the Summer Solstice, the daylight hours will give us the greatest opportunity to travel while the Sun is out.

RSVP** if you're planning on going.   If you do not RSVP, the ride may be canceled even if you had planned on showing up the day of the ride.  We'll depart on the ride as soon as everyone arrives and is ready, meaning, that if there are any newb riders, I will go over some of the key items they'll need to know.

North route rideThis is a minimum C+ level ride pace route, due to excessive distances and long stints without rest breaks.  If you're new to sport riding or riding in general, we'd suggest this ride wouldn't be for you.  Meet at Starbucks or thereabouts (if parking is an issue).

As always, see 2016 SSA Ride Schedule for everything that is expected of you and what you can expect.  *** Safety is paramount. ***

Hope to see you there.

* KSU dependent on when everybody is ready.
** RSVP - répondez, s'il vous plaît a.k.a. please reply.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

When it's turns back to the 100s here, you'll won't think so.

Do you have something else in mind?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Hmmm.  No adventure seekers out there, eh?

A DRAGON

I'm ready now. Let's plan one in the next couple of weeks.  Weather permitting
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

Terrific!  Glad to see you back and posting again A Dragon! 

Only issue is that in 3 weeks we'll be back at the coast too.  Love going whenever we can though.

Looked at this morning's Doppler radar.  All our ride routes north of Tahoe got rained on last night.  Gonna have to try somewhere else for a ride today if any of us suit up.

Tahoebrian5

I might go out tomorrow (Sunday)

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Where you thinking of riding?  I wanted to ride today instead of Sunday, to enjoy the cooler weather today.  It worked.  It was windy as heck, but it just made negotiating turns that much more interesting.

Tahoebrian5

Maybe Monitor. I have a couple things to do in the morning so I probably won't head out until 10:30ish. I'll give you a shout in the morning. I just noticed that the dealer that assembled my bike did not get the fork height correct in the triple clamp so I'm going to fix that up. No wonder the bike seems so slow to turn. 5mm off from stock! Idiots!

GreenMachine

Hey!  Don't question authority.  They're the pros!

PM me.  If I go, I might just only want to do that, well the truck route too, since 580 is down to one lane in Washoe Valley.

Tahoebrian5

A DRAGON

Your right about being at the coast in 3 weeks. But isn't that southern coast?

Northern Coast is always a will do. Plus it's an annual event.  We need to go this weekend or next four sure.
I really like the extra route you added to the ride. Makes out even better.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

You start a new thread that you want to go, I'll sign up.  How's that?  :thumbup