Main Menu

Roll Call - Bucks Lake 06/12/16

Started by GreenMachine, June 06, 2016, 09:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rg500nut

I have done Buck's many a time, and have calculated that it is roughly 80 miles to Quincy, so there and back is 160 miles in itself, which is only marginal, but pretty and with the CHP slobbering all over 70 does not make it any better.  So if you say it is 200 miles total just to get to the area you want to ride (lower road to Oroville), then it does become a 300 mile plus day.  I am on the Gamma (2 stroke) and to add the mileage from Carson to the overall, I think my butt says to go up Kingsbury instead.  Riding a 250cc 2 stroke 300 miles and riding a VFR is two totally different results that evening after the ride.

I may sleep on your fuel tank on the way to the coast some time, though.............
2 strokes always...............

GreenMachine

If 20% chance around Gaeagle is forecast this afternoon, we may be dodging rain.

Jumping in the shower.  See you guys soon.

RG, I'd trade with you for the 200 miles, if that made any difference.  I'm younger.  :evil1
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Just a few sprinkles heading past the inspection station.

Splitting lanes on the way back was interesting.  Was glad when we caught up to some HDs.  They're much wider than our bikes.  Every time we had to stop because of stupid cars blocking the middle, I could hear Wills laughing behind me.  Glad someone saw the humor in all this.  My engine was cooking!!  So glad it wasn't 100° plus out there.  That would have been murder.

I think I'm going to sweep next time.  Papa and Wills were unshakable.   But it was sure fun trying to do so.   :|)  Catching that other group of riders was a gas too.  Some of them were so young and inexperienced.  Not sure what they were up to.  Wills and were I were just cruising and we caught them like they were standing still.  But then they made their bikes even wider.  Dude!  Just move over.  We'll be out off sight in two turns and you can resume your panic braking and crazy lines.   ???
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

Great day of riding, enjoyed that.   That was some backup on 80, surprised how many people were headed toward Reno Sun evening.  At least we were in CA so we could split lanes.  One of the wreckers had what was left of the cab from the truck, about all that was left was the engine and frame.   Monica read on the news the driver only had minor injuries, one lucky dude.     Missed some of the action in the front today but had a comfortable pace and enjoyed being out today.   Saw more bikes on Bucks lake than I've seen before.

Missed you RG, need to look for another VFR!

Live long and prosper \V/

wills

Lots of fun...like the lunch stop too! I didn't get why the lane was still closed on 80, looked like it was cleared off? I was laughing at the Harley rider who really needed roller skates as his feet were dragging as he split the lanes :doggy

Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East