Main Menu

Roll Call - Bucks Lake 06/12/16

Started by GreenMachine, June 06, 2016, 09:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Planned 9:00 AM kickstands up (KSU).* I won't keep this too strict, as I'd like to get a later start due to cooler temps.  Probably ~9:15 or thereabouts before we set out.

Bucks Lake it is!  This is a north route starting point ride.

The weather will be favorable, if not a little chilly in places.  Midday temps to be in the 70s in the upper elevations, high 80s at lower elevations.

Ride distance should be in the 350 mile range.

RSVP** if you're planning on going.   If you do not RSVP, the ride may be canceled even if you had planned on showing up the day of the ride.  We'll depart on the ride as soon as everyone arrives and is ready, meaning, that if there are any newb riders, I will go over some of the key items they'll need to know.

North route rideThis is a minimum C+ level ride pace route, due to sheer cliffs and unguarded curves.  If you're new to sport riding or riding in general, we'd suggest this ride wouldn't be for you.  Meet at Starbucks or thereabouts (if parking is an issue).

As always, see 2016 SSA Ride Schedule for everything that is expected of you and what you can expect.  *** Safety is paramount. ***

Hope to see you there.

* KSU dependent on when everybody is ready.
** RSVP - répondez, s'il vous plaît a.k.a. please reply.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

PAPASMURF

BUCKS AND LUNCH WAS GOOD LAST YEAR, PLUS THE ROADS WERE NEW TO ME PAST BUCKS.
SOUNDS LIKE ANOTHER GOOD TIME. RSVP'ED ;D
S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

I'd be up for a Bucks lake ride if that's what you decide.  Beautiful spring ride in the mountains, cant go wrong with that.     
Live long and prosper \V/

Vegasrider

I will be passing on this, I'm getting to ride up to Boise in another week and I don't want to put any more miles on the bike.  Last week's motors class really wore me out too. 

wills

I remember the first time GM and I went up Bucks Lake. Big ol grin on his face ;D...one of the best roads in the 1 day distance.
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

rg500nut

Appears to be a little long and miserable for anyone who cannot sleep on a sportbike tank.

Spoke to the Queen of SSA (Monica), last evening, since we were the only hardy souls at PJ's,  and she was looking for another option, (no hurt feelings now).  Don't get pissy, GM...........

But fatboy, (known as RG on this site), is staying in Carson for the weekend, and HE,,, would welcome anyone to join him for a frolic of 150 - 200 miles down south.

Starting point not determined until closer to event, love to all..............

RG
2 strokes always...............

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

I was thinking of coming down, but I had to work late.  No word on the forum and I know SL was working, so I just kept my nose to the grindstone on into the evening.

Looks like two, maybe three votes for Bucks and none so far for WWS.

RichVee4

She'll love that. LOL.  Heard RJ was down at PJ's, good your back in town and riding.  I worked in Redding Wed so didnt get home until later.

The Queen and I are doing the Bucks lake ride Sun.  The only concern was if the group decided to do MRR instead, that's a no go.  Need some time in the saddle to get in shape for a 2500 mile trip in two weeks. 

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

Buck's Lake it is!  See original post for details.

:greybike :blackbike :redbike2 :ylwbike2 :bluebike :grnbike :greybike

rg500nut

RG will pass on Buck's tomorrow, although it does make GM grin when he is there.

I am staying on Franktown Road near Carson City and would like someone to ride south around Tahoe tomorrow if anyone has interest.

See you all soon.........Will check site later today

RG
2 strokes always...............

GreenMachine

You know RG, I could put you on my bike, if that's what you need to cover 350 miles.  You've done that ride plenty of times before.  It's a great way to keep in shape.

Well anyway, I was thinking about having you tuck in on the GreenMachine, but then I thought, he might just fall asleep for real.  I don't care about you so much, but I do care if you launch my baby into a tree or ditch.   :-\

Hope you find some fun travels down that way.   Set up a ride one of these days, like we did last year where we met up for breakfast at the place in CC.  Good times!

RichVee4

Its really cooled down and even had rain yesterday afternoon.  Perfect conditions for dirt ride today;)  Actually, looking forward to testing out the heated grips today.   See you at 9