Main Menu

This is your rollcall - 12/11/14 - Eureka or Bust group ride

Started by GreenMachine, December 09, 2014, 07:47:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Let's do this!  We'll only start this ride after the winds pick up (for Oldbolt's sake), making one pit stop as we venture over the Sierra's (to visit SkydiverDCM in Truckee), before either chewing an arm off for food or getting stuck in a snowdrift, never to be seen or heard from until Spring.

I'm going.  Who's with me?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

For 288, well what can I say?  We'll have to do the an out-n-back to Bishop after the new year.  As in, New Year's day. 
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

288RR

With the big storm coming in That sounds like a great ride.

RichVee4

Live long and prosper \V/

288RR

288RR

I'm digging the first link there sl.   I think we all need one,   Could you imagine seeing a group of guys with those heading down the road?

slmoto

Quote from: 288RR on December 09, 2014, 09:53:18 PM
I'm digging the first link there sl.   I think we all need one,   Could you imagine seeing a group of guys with those heading down the road?
If we get one I'd need a tinted version so I could not be recognized.

I want to see GM with one dragging knee, it's not a tank bag so it shouldn't cause any problems.

Mel

If we can hit some goat roads on the way over, I'm in :)!!

Mel

GreenMachine

Probably can't take Dog Valley, too much wind isolation by the trees.  We need some of the 70 MPH crosswind.

I know what!  Let's ride the Truckee flume.  I'll drag knee on that, with or without the hood.

GreenMachine

SL, tint color won't matter in the land of tall gears.  Jimbo would just peel one of those things right off.

slmoto

I doubt Jimbo would even let that thing get near his bike, although it could double as helping keep dust and dirt off his bike so maybe...

GreenMachine

I saw that the winds were picking up, so I went on a prelim ride.  Touched down.  Really nice out there tonight.  Our 450 mile ride over the Sierras to Eureka should be splendid tomorrow.  I can't wait.

If Mel shows up, we can ride the flume to start.

GreenMachine

Mel

I waited for you guys at Starbucks, but no one showed up, so headed out for the coast...wish me luck ;D!

Mel