Main Menu

bad move on freeway

Started by mikey, August 25, 2009, 03:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yard Sale

Yeah on cross examination you should be able to get him to testify there was a BMW travelling at a high rate of speed and raise the doubt that the radar picked out your little bike not his car. (Or he'll just testify you were both going the same speed.)

mikey

only thing that sucks is it was a Sargent who says he himself clocked me
ticket says "reckless driving 112 in 65 zone passing other vehicles in #1
travel lane clocked by Sgt harkleroad"   total $480 

he didn't seem like an ass hole just said he rides every day and is tired of scraping up bodies and that 395 is not a race track as he is walking around  my bike .  He said not a race track a few times like he saw the bmw.  I don't  know it  just sucks :'(
ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)

mikey

hey more good news I am not a squid no more hehehe    how did that happen?
ducati brothers

XIII

Quote from: mikey on August 26, 2009, 06:23:43 PM
hey more good news I am not a squid no more hehehe    how did that happen?

..are you sure about that  ;D Im just messing with you lol

mikey

ducati brothers

A DRAGON

Mikey that's a good argument. The Radar picks up the biggest object. That's not your bike.   

Good luck. 
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Justin

I believe radar is often used to confirm the officer's estimate of speed.
They are very, very good at approximating speed. 
Although it is hard to argue he can estimate speed while oncoming at 65 due to the lack of time.  Was he rolling or parked.  If he was parked, I'd say you can't beat him, but will still get the DA discount.  I would need to know if you were right next to the bmw at the moment 'your speed' was allegedly recorded.  If so, jerome is right.  (odds are he got you when you were solo, either before or following when you and Beemer were neck and neck.

Officer, was he next to the BMW when you recorded his speed?
  "No, your honor"
Case closed.

99 900ss duc

if the  officer ever lost sight of you and your motorcycle  it could be beat as well. you could get several of us on yellow ducks and see if he could pick the offending bike out of a "lineup"

Justin

The last point is an excellent one.
my fear is that you admitted guilt to the citing officer, or implied guilt by apologizing or saying "the bmw was going fast, also"

yzinger

Where is the icon of the little emoticon eating popcorn?

POSER 511

mikey

when i noticed him he was ten feet behind me just before 7-11 below vc
ducati brothers