Main Menu

Isle of Mann TT

Started by n10sive, August 03, 2009, 10:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n10sive

Got home tonight to find yet another Isle of Man on my DVR!!! Tonight was the Supersport race. If you haven't been watching this, it has been some of the BEST racing I have seen in a long time as far as excitement, danger and onboard action. They have camera's on a lot of the bikes and the footage is something you just have to see to appreciate. These guys not only drag knee, they drag head in the shrubs and stone walls.  :o Watching them leave the ground at 160mph is pretty scary looking!

Only problem, needed Alan to translate the post race interviews! LOL
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

cobra23

+ 1 I'ver been watching. The speed they hold is incredible...and I too have a hard time understanding the riders after the race, I figure they are amped waaaaayyy up and have to talk fast, I mean they are processing waaay more information while running the course than a rider would on a racetrack.

....Ok at sharp green gate on side of road brake hard, turn into rocky wall (but don't hit it) down two gears and accelerate up the hill, at steep drop off crack to neutral throttle, hold wide open up the hill neutral throttle over jump...tap rear brake to keep the front end down....then nail it....turn left at gas station.....geeeeze....how do they keep dogs cats sheep and Irish girls from crossing the course....

Allan please translate...

Timegrommet

Me and the wife have been watching  TT the last few nights and she is totally hooked. she even wants to go to the 2010 TT. They do need a translator..LOL especially  for Guy Martin. Mad skills and huge balls for even in being in that race.

ellis44n

I liked the part where the announcer said their helicopter couldnt keep up. ;D

Justin

Most nice helicopters, from what my friend tells me, cruise 120knots (135mph)
Side note:
They use about 45 gallons/hour (holding enough for a few hours of flight)