Main Menu

4th of July Ride

Started by wills, June 30, 2013, 05:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Talk about a blast furnace!  Good thing Wills knew where all the available water hoses were along the way.  Actually contemplated turning back as we neared Marysville Road.  Glad I didn't.  Wills was right.  The deli up the road was very good and it offered covered picnic tables, a necessity for today.

We then went about the task of soaking our undershirts as often as we could, which helped tremendously!  Took a couple of laps on various favorites.  Showed SV a whole day's worth of new roads, told stories, ate ice cream in Gaegle, another cooling off area, before having the honor of pacing the Sh*riff's SUV for the entire 30 miles into Truckee.   :angel

Other than SV getting stung repeatedly by a wasp, I'd say the day was a resounding success!  I know I enjoyed myself.  It looked like Richard, Wills and SV enjoyed themselves.  What more could you ask for?

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures today.  Not that our pace was rushed, but there never seemed to be a good opportunity and it was packed at the back of my seat, which was hard to get at.

Great meeting you today SV.  We'll have to do it again sometime.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

SinisterVendetta

yes I had a blast despite a couple noob errors not including the wasp  :-X  was a pleasure riding along, looks like my fuel warning light was a bit optimistic as I filled her up with 3.4 gallons and she holds 4.1, so she would've been fine to make it to Reno, noted for next trip  ;D  ..I am totally beat and that feels great, looking fwd to the next ride, cheers! Shawn

GreenMachine

That's typical.  It seems to be that most reserve/low fuel warning conditions set by the manufacturer allow for about 1 gallon.  My bike's the same way.  Reserve tripped as we passed the Truckee weigh station.  Wills didn't stop, but then, I have to believe his must have been on low fuel too.  He's been known to push the limits of how far he goes between fuel-ups... :D  ...that one time going into Sierraville?   :evil1

The heat must have affected my brain.  I was calling you Josh.  >:(  Sorry Shawn. 
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

SinisterVendetta

The heat must have affected my brain.  I was calling you Josh.  >:(  Sorry Shawn. 
[/quote]
LOL, that heat got to all of us, I had no idea you were calling me Josh  :D

wills

Plenty of fuel left on the QE-2! I think the temp was 115 at the high point! Fun ride, loved the Harley riders in shorts and sandals :o
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

SinisterVendetta

The Harley riders can be a classy bunch..when they want..I think 'that' group esp enjoyed me on my SV650S buzzing in and out amongst them  ;D not to mention that subtle missed turn  :|)   QE2? you fly around corners and overtake nicely with that cruise ship, may as well call it the BS Tirpitz  ;)