Main Menu

Roll Call - Saturday early AM group ride. La Porte Rd loop, Lunch - Sierra City

Started by GreenMachine, June 27, 2013, 09:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Post here if you plan on going.  Sunrise is at ~5:30 AM, ride starts at 6:00AM.

Let's beat the heat and get into the Sierras before the heat takes hold.  See group ride schedule for details <here>.

The plan is to stay ahead of the heat.  Should return to Reno by 2 PM. Reno's forecast low for Saturday morning is 70°.  Truckee 54°  Beautiful!

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

288RR

I would have loved to go on this ride but im heading out of town tomorrow after work  :fail  Next time hopefully

GreenMachine

Quote from: 288cbr on June 27, 2013, 09:48:42 PM
I would have loved to go on this ride but im heading out of town tomorrow after work  :fail  Next time hopefully
:D I fully expect most everyone to have formal plans.  I scrubbed the ones I had for traveling to SoCal, because my dog's strained back.  He's alright on his own for hours at a time.  I just remembered that riding with TB5 on his early AM Hwy 36 quest ride, worked out well for getting gone a long ways and back home around 2 PM.  Just in time to take a nap.   ;)
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

It'll be me and one other rider.  We have a different meet-up location that's better for the both of us.
We'll be Sierraville before you awake.  I'll check back in when we return.  :howdy

GreenMachine

:o 
:P 
:angel 
;) 
;D 
:D 
:chilling
:thumbup :crazy
:2cool  :champion 
:CoU :cheers
:evil1
:respect :bowdown
:rotflmao :crackup :terrified :ohno
:band :party
:disco :egyptian :banana2
:nana :nana2 :nana3 :moon :spank
:greybike :grnbike :GrnWheelie

How do you top a day like today?  I don't know how!  Seems cliche, but it really is possible to have better rides each time.  Man, that was fun!

DR.  Thank you.  Thank you!  THANK YOU!

dr1150

GM, thank you, thank you, Thank You I'm very tired.
What an incredible / epic day.
416 miles and 1351 turns.
"You start the game of life with a full pot o' luck and an empty pot
o' experience... The object is to fill the pot of experience before you
empty the pot of luck."

GreenMachine

No kidding!  The regulars missed out for sure and we missed them for sure.  I slept for 10 hours straight, where I normally get six.  Feels like I bench pressed weights yesterday,  ie, awesome!

I can't believe you can keep up with me on that MRV (motorcycle recreational vehicle), but somehow you do.  Mr. Madd Skillz! Or was it the tires?  I'd look back in my mirrors after exiting some turns and there you'd be.  Wish I had a camera angle on that action.   :D

I spent most of the morning laughing under my helmet.  Good therapy.

dub

Quote from: GreenMachine on June 30, 2013, 04:53:56 PMI can't believe you can keep up with me on that MRV (motorcycle recreational vehicle), but somehow you do.  Mr. Madd Skillz! Or was it the tires?  I'd look back in my mirrors after exiting some turns and there you'd be.  Wish I had a camera angle on that action.   :D

Just goes to show that it's the indian not the arrow.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019