Main Menu

Water Wetter vs Engine Ice

Started by MommaKat, June 16, 2011, 09:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MommaKat

Hey Guys, yea I know I'm slackin on group rides and bike nights..sorry  :(

Quick question...do you guys run water wetter or engine ice. I am debating on having Steve change my coolant again today when I drop off my bike. It is still running 215 or 220 the last couple of days I rode it. I had him change the thermostat and put new coolant last year but thinking maybe I should change it out again this year and switch from regular coolant to either engine ice or WW/distilled water mix.... suggestions...thoughts... I have finally hit 20,000 mil and my bike is an 06 GSX-R 750.

Scott

i use engine ice in my Gsxr-600 and i love it. it droped my temp 20deg over water!
GSX-R600

GreenMachine

I have no experience with either, but I'll take Scott's word for it.  That seems to be what everyone says about switching.

The other thing some people will do, if they ride in city traffic, is to install an auxiliary Muzzy radiator fan to help out the stock fan.  Should help.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

I would give the Engine Ice a try.  Remember, if you switch to water you will need to change it out again before winter.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

cobra23

I use engine Ice.

I am as mixed up as anyone on which is better and have run both. The temp on the DUcati seems to fluctuate less with the engine Ice though.

Rick Bay (BRA)

for three years I'm using water wetter on my R6...