Main Menu

Too bad weather and Toogood wine

Started by GreenMachine, May 11, 2011, 09:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

I'm disappointed with the weather forecast for this weekend's AMA races at Infineon and have decided not to ride over.

Instead I am planning on driving over on Saturday to the Plymouth, CA area for a 'bottle-your-own' wine day.  Toogood Winery is the event host.  I'm a huge fan of their Zinfandel wines, which will be available for bottling (2009 Zin), along with Cabernet Sauvignon and one other varietal.  So long as I make the purchase, I can mix and match any combination of bottled wines for $7.99/bottle.  I'll double check that, but that means you can pay me on the side to make a purchase for you.  But you better bring extra cash, because I've gone overboard myself on in the past and ended up buying a lot more than I planned.

In the past, Paul Toogood has autographed the bottles after they are capped.  Hopefully that's a tradition he continues to this day.

Anyone interested?  Passenger and cargo space is limited.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Scott

Nice. My dad actually lives right down the street from too-good in fairplay.
GSX-R600

n10sive

is this at the toogood winery or in town? You have any more info on the event? sounds like fun. I am a big zin fan from the area, and I would like to taste his malbec
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

GreenMachine

You maaaay want to rephrase that.   :-\

I didn't know there was a Toogood in Minden/Gardnerville.  The winery is close however, Amador County/Fairplay <here>.  It would be great to go as a group.  We've always done these trips that way, and you're right along the way.

One of my neighbors likes their wine too and asked me to bottle two cases for him.  Ughh!  Why do I volunteer to do stuff like this???  :hbang

edit: I was corrected.  The price is $7.88/bottle.  Big deal!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

n10sive

I was going to put no homo after that :)

I know it's not in G'Ville  :P I was asking if it was at the winery itself or another part of town

GreenMachine

:D

The winery itself.  If you've never been there, his tasting room is inside the side of a hill. The left side entrance (bottom) should have the bottling equipment and outside there should be a food tent, also used for bottle labeling.  Spirits, food, great wine, and a fun atmosphere.  That's hard to pass up on what should be an overcast gloomy day.

Wines being bottled:
2009 Cabernet Sauvignon
2009 Zinfandel
Italian Smack Bang Boom

<Sacramento Examiner review>

Scott

Quote from: GreenMachine on May 11, 2011, 02:59:46 PM
The winery is close however, Amador County/Fairplay
Fairplay is still ElDorado County, right at the corner
GSX-R600

A DRAGON

I'll be headed to Sierra City for Breakfast with the family and probably Nevada City for Lunch.   This seems to be OK to.  Enjoy the wine Green Machine.  I'll see you on Tuesday :thumbup   
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

Got the loot.  Car trunk and the middle passenger seat were taken by wine cases.  Thought the tires on my car were going to explode.

It was even better than I remembered, both wine and the experience.  There were mechanical pumps that drew directly from the oak barrels.  I took home nine cases myself and had to laugh when I saw the 'typical tourist' pick up two bottles, like it was a novelty.  :rotflmao  ROOKIE!  We had so much wine going to my car, two staff had to help us bottle and load.

I still hope at the end of the year I remember this summer.  ;)

n10sive

Quote from: GreenMachine on May 15, 2011, 12:20:56 PM
I still hope at the end of the year I remember this summer.  ;)

Sounds like you might need some friends to help save you from that fate :)

GreenMachine

And just like that...
...I have friends.   :disco :egyptian Amazing how that works and that's why I picked up as much as I did.  Always willing to share a bottle or two or three or four.  Just need a venue, BBQ or otherwise and some warm weather.

Like Zins?

n10sive

I LOVE zins. And I was your friend before you got the wine...remember those chilli fries in Bridgeport?  :P :D

I hear we can get onto the beaches in Incline before Labor Day for free. hmmmmm...... :chilling

Team Gorgonzola

I usually go by Zin in Amador county; lots of really good wines down there.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-