Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

4/18 ride

Started by RedLeader, April 15, 2010, 10:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr1150

I can also meet at shell in red rock at 11:00
"You start the game of life with a full pot o' luck and an empty pot
o' experience... The object is to fill the pot of experience before you
empty the pot of luck."

bkrblood

ok cool anyone else?
John Bovet

komi

Shell station at Red Rock, 11:00 works for me.....

wills

You guys have fun, been down RR twice this week, very clean. I'm heading up GG, and at somepoint ending up near Monitor.
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

bkrblood

ride safe man and let us know how it is!
John Bovet

GreenMachine

RR is too short of a run and I've already done Wills' route.  I've decided to go Downieville, Oroville, Quincy on 70.  Never done that route before.  Bigcat and others say 70 is pretty fun too.  We can compare stories tonight.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

bkrblood

well met up with dave and im sry but cant remember the other guys name but rides a cbr1000 repsol bike. man i couldnt keep up! you can tell they have been ridding a lot longer than i have especially when it came to the corners. thats where i lost them. but hey it was alot of fun and great to ride with new people!
John Bovet

MotoPutz

Very sorry I wasn't able to join, my day didn't add up the way I was hoping... maybe next weekend we can make something happen again!

bkrblood

Quote from: Putz on April 18, 2010, 01:10:08 PM
Very sorry I wasn't able to join, my day didn't add up the way I was hoping... maybe next weekend we can make something happen again!

yea its kewl man shit happens. im always down for a quick ride sorta hard to say for sure when with my work schedule but ill send you my number and just hit me up if and when you would want to go.
John Bovet

GreenMachine

Glad to hear everyone had fun today, less Wills.  No report about Markleeville?

I made the 350 miles on this one today.  Saw about six LEOs all going the other way in a hurry.  None were interested in my boring slow bike.  ;)  Like I stated earlier, I had never made the trip between Oroville and Quincy on Hwy 70.  That is an amazing scenic road.  Just a few good turns, but more chopperesque than sportesque.  It kind of felt like riding along the Merced river in Yosemite, tunnels and all.  I wish I would have stopped and snapped some pictures.  Next time.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

n10sive

I rode over 88 today. Did Omo Ranch Road and it was nice. One thing to watch out for...at Carson Pass and Carson Spur when the signs say "Rough Road"...what they really mean is mini -canyons in the road running parallel to the center line. These things are deep enough and long enough to grab your tire and toss you WAY off your line. Ask me how I know :)
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Justin

Quote from: GreenMachine on April 18, 2010, 06:15:08 PM
between Oroville and Quincy on Hwy 70
IS THE QUICKEST AND EASIEST PLACE TO GET A CITATION.  Oroville to Portola.
Travel precisely two miles per hour below the speed limit here.

GreenMachine

Quote from: Justino on April 18, 2010, 11:12:13 PM
Quote from: GreenMachine on April 18, 2010, 06:15:08 PM
between Oroville and Quincy on Hwy 70
IS THE QUICKEST AND EASIEST PLACE TO GET A CITATION.  Oroville to Portola.
Travel precisely two miles per hour below the speed limit here.
As 'splained by judge Boss Hog in Jackson, "53 MPH is illegal in a 55 MPH zone." 

There's no winning against them.  Give up!