Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

4/18 ride

Started by RedLeader, April 15, 2010, 10:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkrblood

i was thinking of doing a ride out to fernley then up to pyramid and then back down to sun valley. i did the loop with my buddie not to long ago and the road was nice. coming from up in cold springs it was 136 miles i think. it was a fun ride too so  i think thats what ill be doing if anyone wants to go out that way.
John Bovet

n10sive

what is a really pleasant ride in the winter (and safe from snow) is to do 395 South to 208 (Topaz), out to Yerrington (via Smith Valley), then back up north on 95 to 50, up to VC on the truck route and back down gieger. It's a good 'cow town' ride with nice scenery, and if you haven't seen the river through Wilson Canyon out that way, it is really cool.

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

wills

Here is a route we have done couple of weeks ago, and things were in good shape. Start from Reno (7-11) at Geiger Grade, go to VC then down truck route or 6 Mile Canyon. We then go through Carson City and up Spooner (Rt 50), down the Kingsbury Grade, and then to Markleyville (Diamond Valley route). I know Monitor is open, but 2 weeks ago it was sandy, so we can ask to see or just check it out.

Meet up at 10:00 and be home by 4:00.
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

RedLeader

Thanks for the warnings. Still planning on going up that way to at least look around. not planning on going too hard, rather taking it easy and seeing whats up there.
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka

Justin

Quote from: RedLeader on April 16, 2010, 04:15:24 PM
Thanks for the warnings. Still planning on going up that way to at least look around. not planning on going too hard, rather taking it easy and seeing whats up there.
recon missions are imperative. Go RedLeader, GO!

bkrblood

Quote from: wills on April 16, 2010, 03:45:52 PM
Here is a route we have done couple of weeks ago, and things were in good shape. Start from Reno (7-11) at Geiger Grade, go to VC then down truck route or 6 Mile Canyon. We then go through Carson City and up Spooner (Rt 50), down the Kingsbury Grade, and then to Markleyville (Diamond Valley route). I know Monitor is open, but 2 weeks ago it was sandy, so we can ask to see or just check it out.

Meet up at 10:00 and be home by 4:00.

i just did up a map on goolge of the route or at least what i think that route is and looks fun. never been out that way  i still think im just going to do the route out to fernley then up to pyramid and back. anyone wanna go out that way would be nice to go with a group. hit me up on here or my cell 7753036109
John Bovet

bkrblood

John Bovet

Justin

I've done that lots of times. the lake got snowed this week, so take it slow.
You should go with other people.

bkrblood

Quote from: Justino on April 16, 2010, 09:24:04 PM
I've done that lots of times. the lake got snowed this week, so take it slow.
You should go with other people.

yea not really sure where im going to go yet would love to go with other people my other ride buddy had to go out of town this weekend so yea if i cant get some other people to ride with ill probably just do the redrock road loop just nice and easy
John Bovet

bkrblood

ok so whoes going where tomorrow? lol
John Bovet

MotoPutz

when are you doing redrock?

edmunsan

Karting with my son tomorrow 4/18 @ Lemmond Val. Rode over Kingsburry Gr(clean) then over Luther pass,(short sand patches at turns)into Markleeville,(not bad) then over Monitor.(short & long sand patches before summit, summit, after summit otherwise not bad @ lower elevations) Over all traffic was light later Sat. afternoon.
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

bkrblood

Quote from: Putz on April 17, 2010, 08:56:50 PM
when are you doing redrock?

i could do redrock tomorrow would actually work out great just a shortish ride cause i gotta clean out my garage. let me know if you wanna do redrock tomorrow im free pretty much anytime. hit me up
John Bovet

MotoPutz

a short ride works for me on sundays, maybe 11am or so?

bkrblood

yea that would def work cause thats when my wife goes to work i could meet you at the shell station right there at red rock at 11
John Bovet