Main Menu

Saturday Looks Good for Riding 4/17

Started by wills, April 14, 2010, 10:50:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkrblood

i think imma hit up redrock road loop for a short ride in a while if anyones down for a quickie
John Bovet

nvgixxer

Quote from: wills on April 15, 2010, 11:14:29 AM
Has anyone been on Kingsbury recently?
Kingsbury grade is OK, was there today.
Hey, met up with a few of you dudes at the Geiger 7-11 this afternoon. Nice to see so many riders out.....................finally, eh? Hope the guy with the yellow Duc got his clutch fixed!!
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

wills

Quote from: nvgixxer on April 17, 2010, 05:33:32 PM
Quote from: wills on April 15, 2010, 11:14:29 AM
Has anyone been on Kingsbury recently?
Kingsbury grade is OK, was there today.
Hey, met up with a few of you dudes at the Geiger 7-11 this afternoon. Nice to see so many riders out.....................finally, eh? Hope the guy with the yellow Duc got his clutch fixed!!

Scott's wife brought him the tool, he got home.
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

99 900ss duc

was that scott on the 900 super sport.? (my old bike)
black frame and wheels now

GreenMachine

It WAS great to see so many riders out today.  Awesome weather for it too.  After I left you guys at the 7-11 I headed out solo over to San Juan, past Downieville.  The Sheriff there has a shiny new Sheriff truck.  There was nobody out on the road, so when he spotted me going in the other direction, he made a hasty U-turn and tailed me all the way into Downieville.  Never saw him after that and don't really know what that was all about.

Passed three sportbikes on 89 southbound leaving Sierraville.  They were only going like 45 MPH.  One of them liked my pace and tagged along until I-80 where he stopped and waited for the other two slow-pokes.  Dunno if that was anyone from our group.

Yuba Pass is a little dusty still between the 6,000' signs on both sides.  It was kinda fun playing in the marbles and having the sensation of the bike squirming around every time I rode over the patches.  The tire paths are mostly clean and the road surface was dry.  Only like three patches of melting snow water on the road.  Fantastic conditions everywhere else.  

I'm going again tomorrow.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Justin

Quote from: wills on April 16, 2010, 03:35:23 PM
the surface is rough as Tammy Bakers face

Tammy has been dead since 07.  I'm wondering if you are talking then, or now.

Bigcat

n10sive

there were even big wet tears running down the roads too!
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike