Main Menu

6/14/09 Sunday Ride

Started by MotoPutz, June 12, 2009, 10:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotoPutz

Well I was there at Starbucks... where was everyone? I broke my key off in my gas tank at 7-11. My day was over... I got a ride home, got my truck, picked up my bike. Took the ignition switch out and got the key code. I will have new keys made tomorrow.

GreenMachine

Putz.  Sorry man, Wills and I were there along with a Harley guy we thought was joining us.  We waited at the normal *$ parking lot location, but when nobody else showed we headed out.  We saw another Gixxr 1000 there gassing up, but he was on his own schedule by the looks of things.  Had you not broke your key, you would have easily caught us; we drove slower than even ADragon leads groups.

Wills.  Great riding with you today.  Wish I would have remembered the camera.  I could have snapped off some action shots.  LaPorte was awesome!!  Oregon Hill road bites, but the rest was pure fun.  Your pace was just right, not too fast, not too slow.  8)
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

MotoPutz

Yeah I saw the GSXR guy, he was gassing up as my wife and I were walking over to IHOP to wait for my friend to come pick us up. He gassed up and then rode to a parking spot and started getting stuff out of his bike. I never heard you guys pull in though or I would have walked back over to Starbucks. There was someone there on a CBR1000 that left just before you guys came in. Oh well... next time.

GreenMachine

That was Wills' CBR1000RR.  I recognized him because of his Avatar.  Nice mature rider.

You must have arrived before I showed up, along with the Harley guy.   Shortly after 10AM, the Gixxer guy pulled in behind us when we left and rode with us to Truckee.  I last saw him cleaning bugs off his helmet in Sattley, CA. 

Sorry we missed you.  It's always more fun with more riders.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.