Main Menu

6/14/09 Sunday Ride

Started by MotoPutz, June 12, 2009, 10:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotoPutz

What is Hwy 26 and is anyone planning on trying to ride sunday?

ellis44n

hwy 26 is in canada according to google  :-\ but i would still like to ride. keep us posted

cobra23

dr1150 and I are riding to Thunderhill and back subday (see post)

MotoPutz

I can't go out of town that far, sorry cobra23. Maybe Hwy 28 around Tahoe was meant?

Justin

wills

Looks like 26 connects to 88 down in the valley. I have no idea, so I think it's Downeyville for me.
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

GreenMachine

Yeah, I think the Hwy 26 ride is actually the Jackson, CA loop ride, 88 to 26.   It doesn't sound like anyone is leading that ride.  With a break in the showers possible tomorrow, I may be up for a nice long ride.  I may do this other one if I can get an early enough start.  It's a full day duathlon: ride, hike, ride.  The hike is to the 645' Feather Falls by Lake Oroville.  Never been there, nor past Bucks Lake.  Taking the camera for sure.

Wills, what time are you planning on departing for Downieville?

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

wills

I am thinking of leaving about 10:00 AM. If you guys want a longer ride, we could head down 49 and then cross over to LaPorte. Otherwise I was just going to Downeyville and back. I got to sneak in a dry ride to VC today, just missed the rain. What happened, did we all move to Seattle or something...freaky weather!
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

nvgixxer

Funny you ask.....us FOGs (Fast old guys) were there just yesterday. Great liitle road that takes off from 49 just south of Jackson and ends up connecting with 88. We did Ebeetts, 49, 26 and then on home via 88. All those roads are CLEAR of runoff and other debris and ready to be ridden!
Oh man O live, I should grow up someday.....NOT....an R1 (matte black finish) and R6 with passenger tried to invade my territory on 88, up top, where all those sweet high speed sweepers are. It's been ages since I have had such an opportunity, the setting, the timing, everything was just right. Almost no traffic on Friday. Well, I think they both gained a little more respect for the big ugly and heavy "Gen II" busa (195hp at the crank)! You know that long downward stretch of 88 just before you get to the intersection of 88/89? Enough said! I'm almost ashamed of myself!!  ;)    
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

GreenMachine

Wills, I'm in.  Where's the start join up?  I may continue to Marysville or LaPorte afterwards, depending on the weather.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

MotoPutz

I might be up for a "short" ride to Downieville...

Quote from: zx-9r on June 13, 2009, 07:41:05 PM
Where's the start join up?

wills

How about Starbucks on west McCaran by 80, 10:00 AM?
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

MotoPutz

normal meeting place... sounds good.

live2ride

Hey just a heads up if u guys are riding to downiville, rode 89 to sierraville to sierra city as far as I could with a buddy before the rain made us turn back.  Encountered around 5 cops on 89.  Maybe you guys will have better luck.  Have fun on the ride. 
I live life like the captain of a sinking ship

GreenMachine

Thx for the heads up.  What are the speed limits on 89 & 49?  I see the clouds already stacking up over in Verdi.  Oh brother!!