65mph High Side on 395N.

Started by KdUbRaven, April 09, 2009, 06:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotoPutz

bite me!       yes I do...     :-\

yzinger

+1 I am reserving my smart ass comments at the moment  :P

KdUbRaven

Haha!  you guys are too much.  Good people tho.  Thanks for all the help. 

Truth be told, my ultimate goal would be to learn how to do most of this stuff myself with the guidance and help of one or a few of you guys who have been through this kind of rebuild (forks, springs, bars, rearsets, tank, plastics & other cosmetics).  I'm not looking to do a full engine rebuild or anything that aggressive but I'm sure this won't be my first lay-down, especially if I end up out on the track (where these belong - and where I want to eventually be!).

Keegan

jlavallee

Glad to hear you're OK! Like others have said, E-bay is good and also forums for racers might be a help.

zipbyu

Quote from: n10sive on April 10, 2009, 01:39:39 PM
yeah...Putz has lots of experience crashing and repairing bikes LOL

Oneup got a ticket just for sliding his bike out on a on ramp.  The policeman didn't even see the crash, just saw Greg picking his bike up.  The ticket was dismissed in court.

MotoPutz

Yeah, I got a ticket when I crashed the first time and I didn't hit anyone or anything...

mase

Sorry to hear about the piss poor motorist in front of you.  Glad you are O.K.  I'm gonna show this to my buddy who wants to argue over $$ vs. gear.
Sean Mason

z1rider

sorry bout the bike, but good to hear your ok!

lhyx

Quote from: Rex on April 10, 2009, 10:35:54 PM
sorry bout the bike, but good to hear your ok!

You're still lucky being alive!get well soon! ;D
Lix

MotoPutz

All in all its in pretty good shape. The cockpit took 80% of the force and damage. New headlight, stay, and upper fairing solves most of the issues. Master cylinder is in three pieces but levers are fine. I'm amazed. Up and running in no time. No damage to frame or sub frame. Not even a scrape.

KdUbRaven

Quote from: Putz on April 11, 2009, 12:54:46 PM
All in all its in pretty good shape. The cockpit took 80% of the force and damage. New headlight, stay, and upper fairing solves most of the issues. Master cylinder is in three pieces but levers are fine. I'm amazed. Up and running in no time. No damage to frame or sub frame. Not even a scrape.

Right on man.  Thanks for the help and the once-over you gave my bike today.  I've already located most of what I need, including a lot of the semi-hard-to-find tribal orange pieces.  Going to scout out the other forums for those pieces tomorrow.  And hopefully, with any luck, I'll be up and running in less than a month.  That's my goal at least.  Time (to devote to doing the repairs) and $$ will determine that. 

Keegan

Justin

When it comes to crashing, always refer to Putz.  The plastics on his bike have almost as many miles as his current set of tires.   He really knows his stuff.    uahuahuahuah

MotoPutz

KdUbRaven

Ordered my new plastics yesterday from Motofansclub. Not gonna be "PULL ME OVER" ORANGE anymore.

Can't tell ya what it will be but it's SICK! Custom. And I will post pics as soon as I get it back together.

As for my injuries, my ribs are still out of whack a bit but getting better. Man, those take forever to heal! I'd say I'm about 85-90% back to normal. I should be ready to ride by the time my fairings come in (I was told 3-4 weeks).

Has anyone had any experience w/ Motofansclub? I know they are a sponsor on another forum site I frequent but thought I'd ask you guys too.

Keegan

MotoPutz

Personally I have never heard of them, but that doesn't mean much...

Glad to hear your getting better. Missing any other parts or are the plastics the last things you need?