Main Menu

Feb. 22 Pine Nut misadventure (pic-heavy)

Started by Yard Sale, February 23, 2009, 10:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yard Sale

Oscar (CRF250) near the staging area:

Johnny (YZ250) at the staging area:

Johnny led us to a dead end with a view:

When he tried to go up this muddy side hill with little speed and incorrect body position, I thought it would not end well. It didn't but it was amusing:

Flat front tire getting fixed on the only tree stump in Nevada:

YZ250 and WR450F, ?Quien es Mas Macho?

You don't see this every day:

Exhausted Oscar wants to turn back, but that means going up a nasty muddy hill:

Johnny goes up the muddy hill first, completing ignoring the right line I told him to take. (Who would listen to someone with "Yard Sale" on his bike?)

It wasn't pretty but he made it:

Yard Sale takes the right line:

Oscar takes the tree line:

(Notice Kay's encouraging hand gesture from atop the hill. Open throttle facking poosey!)

Kay rides Oscar's bike up the muddy hill:

Starved-for-hills Yard Sale plays:

Kay attaches Yard Sale's tow strap to his WR450F for Johnny's seized YZ250:

El luchador:

"!VĂ¡monos a casa, ya es muy tarde!"

The tow strap rubbed against the tire and broke:

Somewhere over there are the trucks and the van:

Some other day we should check that out:

We got too close:

If they got this giant equipment in here, there should be dirt roads good enough for towing back to the main road.

I didn't know we were in a city:

n10sive

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

cobra23

Johnny

Except for the flat tire, engine blowing up, tow strap breaking, getting lost (not really.. just trying to find a road that doesn't require steep uphill towing), swimming in mud, falling the most, etc.  I had a great time riding with you guys!  Kay thanks for feeding us chocolate, Tequila, & fruit.  Erik I'm so glad you brought that tow strap!  Anyways, I think I got more sore being towed than actually riding.  Picture this:  One hand holding the tow strap and the other hand steering...  Ok... now imagine going through the mud or all of a sudden a big rock in your way!?  I was very impressed how Kay fixed/removed the front tire in the field that took about 10-15 minutes.  That mud is a lot slippery than it looks.  Even Kay said, "this is worst F***ing mud i've dealt with!  Screw the Pine Nuts ;)"  Haha.. great times.

I was thinking we should do it again either March 15th or the 22nd (depending on weather)?  Of course I won't be taking my beloved YZ250 since this will be my 1st attempt to repair my motor and I'm broke :( 1st I have to chisel off the 1-2 inches of mud stuck onto my bike. Nevertheless, I'll be back with a friends YZ450F.

MotoPutz

Quote from: Johnny on February 23, 2009, 10:18:10 PMOf course I won't be taking my beloved YZ250 since this will be my 1st attempt to repair my motor

If you need a hand or a second set of hands and eyes there are plenty of us out there with YZ250. I know of at least 3 of us on the forum. Just give us a shout out...

Yard Sale

Quote from: Johnny on February 23, 2009, 10:18:10 PMI was thinking we should do it again either March 15th or the 22nd (depending on weather)?  Of course I won't be taking my beloved YZ250 since this will be my 1st attempt to repair my motor and I'm broke :( 1st I have to chisel off the 1-2 inches of mud stuck onto my bike. Nevertheless, I'll be back with a friends YZ450F.
I'm going to have to get a heavy duty strap to tow a fat four stroke.

Based on the look of your spark plug, I think your bike blew up because the jets were 5-6 sizes too lean or it had an air leak. I rode behind you and didn't hear any pinging but you had a raspy exhaust that would have masked it from me. Jets should be like 45 and 175, needle clip at the middle groove or one above. When rebuilding it, you must test it for air leaks before running it again. I'm not sure if my TZ250 test kit will work on the YZ250. The rebuild is a good time to modify the head like I did and Putz is doing. Then when Kay whines that he couldn't do wheelies all day you can say, "Really? I wheelied in all five gears."

Mike Cullen

Quote from: Johnny on February 23, 2009, 10:18:10 PM
That mud is a lot slippery than it looks.  Even Kay said, "this is worst F***ing mud i've dealt with!  Screw the Pine Nuts ;)"  Haha.. great times.

That mud in that area of the pine nuts is infamous, anything north of Johnson lane toward dayton and carson this time of year is rideable, I'll be there next time with you guys!

Yard Sale

Aftermath...

A DRAGON

I guess that's why their going to 4 strokes
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750