Main Menu

Time to add your SSA February pics

Started by GreenMachine, February 20, 2017, 02:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Of all sorts.  Looking mainly for your bike with some scenic or interesting backdrop or you with your bike or your bike with friends.  Like those on the SSA header.

Just post them here or to other areas or both.

I will add the best of them to next month's header picture show.

:picspics :thumbup
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

From the Fernley track New Years weekend.  Greg getting some air. Hard to tell its a winter pic though.   Must have been the only nice weekend last month.

Live long and prosper \V/

Laura600

Monica and I in Tahoe, last summer I think

RichVee4

Vegasrider

I had a great shot of myself up at the top of Donner's Pass, but that was last month.  I guess I'll have to take another trip before the end of the month.  Should be even more snow this time.  My goal is to get up an over Mt. Rose Summit. 

GreenMachine

VR, those are old hat now.  ;D  See forum header slideshow. 

Don't want to encourage you to ride over Mt. Rose anytime soon, but I know telling you not to do something is like telling you TO DO something.  Give cleanup crews some time to clear the roadways please.  Please?

Look forward to seeing that beautiful bike of yours next to some awesome scenery.   ;)

Ride and be safe.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Vegasrider

Quote from: GreenMachine on February 22, 2017, 10:12:45 AM
VR, those are old hat now.  ;D   
Give cleanup crews some time to clear the roadways please.  Please?

Look forward to seeing that beautiful bike of yours next to some awesome scenery.   ;)

Ride and be safe.

Yes, I depend on the highway crew to clear a nice path for me.  Mt. Rose has recorded their highest snowfall ever, and it just keeps piling up.  Almost 700" for this season.  I must get get up there sometime soon. 

dub

It is still amazing me every time I drive to Kirkwood. Some parts of the road, that usually have a nice view, are currently like driving through a tunnel with vertical 12 feet walls on each side.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RichVee4

You need to put some studs on the tiger and take it to work one of these days for a photo op!  I havent been watching conditions on 88 west of Kirkwood but can imagine they've had a challenge keeping that section open.  The north facing section in the slide area a few miles west of Kirkwood is one of the more treacherous mountain roads that makes me nervous driving through on a good day.

dub

Quote from: RichVee4 on February 23, 2017, 06:35:00 PMI havent been watching conditions on 88 west of Kirkwood but can imagine they've had a challenge keeping that section open.  The north facing section in the slide area a few miles west of Kirkwood is one of the more treacherous mountain roads that makes me nervous driving through on a good day.

It was closed from the early hours of Monday morning to Thursday afternoon this week.

(That flatish part in the bottom 1/3rd of the picture is the highway)

RichVee4

That section of 88 would be a good candidate for a snow shed.   They use them in Canada and Europe so something caltrans should consider.   

dub

Yeah a snow shed would definitely reduce closures and make cleanup easier after a storm. But they would never spend the money to build one because 88 isn't a major commerce route. When the highway closes it just means that skiers from the Central Valley and South Bay can't come ski at Kirkwood. Hardly a worthy cause of the millions that CalTrans doesn't have anyway. I think we are lucky enough that they spend the money to keep The Spur open during the winter at all. They could just make it a seasonal closure like the 3 passes Southward.

Vegasrider

Okay, so it's March but there is still a lot of snow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ2nN8ufiEI

RichVee4

Nice VR you were finally able to make Mt Rose summit!

GreenMachine

Excellent pics VR!  Looks messy up there. 

I'll be adding these to the header soon.