Main Menu

Donner Hare Scramble 2016

Started by slmoto, October 27, 2016, 08:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slmoto

Good coverage of the Donner Hare Scramble 2016.

https://youtu.be/pk4r8_j3g6Y

I was wanting to do this event but came across it too late to be ready for it. Maybe best it worked out that way, I think I may need a bit more practice, there looked to be some pretty challenging sections. Something to work towards for next year. I'm putting it on my calendar if any of the SSA dirt riders want to give it a shot let's do it!

GreenMachine

Wow, that looks like a lot of fun.  I better start practicing myself.

:ohno
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on October 27, 2016, 01:16:40 PM
Wow, that looks like a lot of fun.  I better start practicing myself.

:ohno

HA, you just messaged me that this weekend is too muddy to ride dirt bikes and it's not even bad at all right now, I'd argue it'll be near perfect conditions on Sat. I'd love to see you in that mess!

dub

I was gonna do it with some friends, but it rained like 6 inches on Donner Summit in 48 hours, so I stayed home.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

slmoto

Quote from: dub on October 29, 2016, 07:36:52 PM
I was gonna do it with some friends, but it rained like 6 inches on Donner Summit in 48 hours, so I stayed home.

Conditions looked pretty miserable.

Do you know of any other events like this in the area? I prefer to do this type of event over the desert racing.

RichVee4

All the riders in the video I saw were like 15 yrs old.  Those conditions were brutal, wet slippery muddy rocks.  I was hurting just watching the crashing in the rocks.  Too bad I missed that race!!
Live long and prosper \V/