Main Menu

Slow Bike Race Fri 9-23 Street Vibrations

Started by Vegasrider, September 21, 2016, 08:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vegasrider

Everyone is welcome to compete, doesn't cost a cent to participate but you could win something in value, they give away something for 1st.  I prefer just to have the bragging rights.  7 P.M.  Virginia St, downtown directly underneath the famous Reno sign.  The street is closed to all traffic unless you are one of the participants. 

If you don't have the nerves to ride in front of hundreds of fellow motorcyclist, you can just watch.

GreenMachine

I'm too middle of the road.  Too fast for slow riding and too slow for fast riding.  Never amounted to anything.   :-\

Depending on obligations, I'll see if I can break away to see you compete for 1st place.  Good luck no matter what!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Do I have to ride a Harley? Because I am literally unbeatable in a slow race on my 100.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Vegasrider

Quote from: dub on September 22, 2016, 08:44:51 PM
Do I have to ride a Harley? Because I am literally unbeatable in a slow race on my 100.

Any bike, come on down, I'm heading down there soon. 

Vegasrider

My competition, RPD Motors, Officer Wright.  Spanked him not once, but twice tonight.  The 2nd time, he dumped his bike! So disappointed when I got home and found out my helmet cam was not recording.  Fortunately, there was someone from work who shot a video of us.

Rematch is set for tomorrow, Saturday 5 P.M. 

GreenMachine

Spanked by one of our own.  Good job Vr.  Bet your feeling on top of the world about now.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

PAPASMURF

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME MR DUC. VEGAS RIDER, THE PICS OF YOU AT FULL LEAN ARE JUST GREAT. CONGRATS. HOPE YOU DID THE SAME AGAIN TODAY. :thumbup
S1000R
R1250RS

Vegasrider

Raced against a different cop the next day.  This time, my camera was working! Notice me at the halfway point begin to ride with one hand, feathering the clutch while I dragged my rear brake, as I "High Fived" the crowd with my right hand. 

Going back to the Spring Rally, this makes four straight victories against RPD Motors Unit. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ1M_kqmO0o

GreenMachine

Let me get this right.  You were showboating, riding one-handed and you still beat the pro?  :crackup

Blunder

Quote from: GreenMachine on October 02, 2016, 08:52:00 AM
Let me get this right.  You were showboating, riding one-handed and you still beat the pro?  :crackup

Could have gotten written up for exhibition of sloth.
If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing would do.

Vegasrider

Quote from: GreenMachine on October 02, 2016, 08:52:00 AM

Yes, with the aid of the MC.  You can hear him in the video that I was riding one handed.  Looking forward to the spring rally. 

RichVee4

Get you on a trials bike and this could be the slowest race in history!
Live long and prosper \V/

Vegasrider

GreenMachine

Vr, you had him covered.  Congrats!

I have to wonder at what point does the officer determine in his mind that dropping the bike is an option, to win at all costs?  Seems like his ego got the better of him.

A good spirited contest though.  Surprised that many HD riders came to watch.  I mean, it wasn't like there were any of their brand that could compete.  And that's saying a lot, considering the type of race!!

Vegasrider

Quote from: GreenMachine on November 09, 2016, 08:19:45 AM
Vr, you had him covered.  Congrats!

Surprised that many HD riders came to watch.  I mean, it wasn't like there were any of their brand that could compete.

Actually a lot of them competed, plus other brands of bikes.  They just happen to get weeded out of the competition as RPD and myself kept winning our heats until we became the final two.