Main Menu

Sat 9/24, 3-passes/Yosemite/mariposa little dragon loop

Started by dub, August 29, 2016, 08:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Reno crew is meeting at the Lowes Home Improvement on Kietzki and McCarren at 7:00 AM.  Joining Dub in Minden at 8:00 AM.

Near freezing 33° in Minden at the moment.  Expected to be in the mid 90s by the time we get over to Sonora.  Hope we don't hit patches of ice or snow going over the passes.

I'll post pics on Monday.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Note to self: check the camera ISO before you take a picture.  Grrrr!  Set it for low light and the pictures came out below average.

You other two must have mad skillz, because I saw the sanding they did on hwy 4 and it was tricky enough to navigate in the daylight with traffic. 

I need to go back now, to have another crack at some snapshots.  Think I still have some tire left to do it too!   ;)
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Yeah wtf was all of that kitty litter on the road? It looked like grease sweep and went on for miles. I wonder if they sanded because it snowed up there last week? Needs a good rain to wash it away. Ebbetts Pass in the pitch dark isn't really my idea of a relaxing Sunday ride. But it's not like it's a death sentence either; we just took is easy and no big deal.

We could probably benefit from keeping a tighter timetable next time. Next year the meet will be at 7:30. That way Jerome can have his coffee and donut while you guys argue about who did/didn't respond to which text messages and we can still leave at 8. The road construction in the Park killed us too. We probably spent at least an extra hour in the Valley than last year. However the long lunch at Thai food isn't negotiable, I will not have my mango sweet sticky rice rushed.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

We could always take in the earlier National Parks Day too, when the daylight hours are longer.  Looks like that was Aug 27 - 28th this year.

Or we'll just have to work on your sticky rice eating invention for your helmet.  Don't blame me for Dragon's junky phone! :evil1

Blunder

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing would do.

GreenMachine

Vegasrider

RedLeader

Not sure if the Taco Bell bag is to help to eat on the go, or catch the vomit that inevitably follows eating there.
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka

dub

dub

I also took pictures of Jerome taking a picture of me. And of GM running back across the highway after taking a picture of us.

I don't take pictures anyone else actually wants to see.

Vegasrider

Thanks Dub, I agree, that is definitely a rock, a real big one.