Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

SSA Forum Noob

Started by Brandx, August 29, 2016, 02:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandx

Just got my first "legal" street bike and excited to get some time in the saddle before winter hits.
Purchased a 2006 Suzuki SV1000S from a Reno local and he kept it in great shape. I'm using it as my commute to work from Carson (where I live) to Incline. Love the twin's torque.
I rock climb, ski, hike, SUP, and love to tinker, otherwise only have a house because it stores my gear  ;D
I grew up in a HD home and started riding dirt bikes at 6. Would street race cars and bikes as a teen till I had some friends pass. Not that I've grown up but I like to think I've gotten a bit wiser on when and how I apply the throttle.

Thanks for reading my rant and hope to meet some great people!

dub

I sold a set of leathers to someone a little while ago who lived in Carson and commuted to Incline. Was that you? I think he had like a CBR500 though.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Welcome.  Come out for a ride.  But you better hurry, there are only a few of them left before the end of the season.

See the 2016 ride schedule.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.