Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Blunder of adventure

Started by Blunder, July 11, 2016, 09:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blunder

Recently moved to Reno. Have bike. Ride. Erm, yeah, that's about it.

What's up with the quiz to post?
If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing would do.

GreenMachine

Standard Web BOT verification I suppose with the new Web site software.  :dunno  I actually haven't seen what it asks.  Try not to take it too personal.

Stick around and check into our trackday and group ride threads.

:welcome2 to the :flagSSA
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Blunder

Ah, I see. The local trivia quiz is only on first posting. No worries.

Just checking out site and will prolly see some of youse at PJ's in a few weeks when my life gets sorted here.

Thanks.  :thumbup

RichVee4

Welcome to the SSA and Reno.  You will enjoy the variety of mountain roads within a days ride from here.   How much experience do you have and type of bike you ride?
Live long and prosper \V/

Blunder

I'll be brief...

Got my Class M endorsement in '79 when I was 17. First bike was an RD 400 stinkwheel, the classic Hoolie tool. I learned to ride in the Santa Cruz Mountains around Alice's and then on HWY 1 in Marin on Sunday mornings. Raced with the AFM in the mid '80s. I've had a couple of RDs, an RZ, CB750F twincam, the original Ninja various other Yamahas, a Moto Guzzi and now the Bandit 1200 S. When I lived in Redding HWY 36, 299 and the others out to the coast were regular haunts. Had a good burger in La Porte once.

I'm a big racefan and gearhead and I work on my own bikes.

PAPASMURF

grew up in the santa cruz mtns learning to ride my 250 samurai and triumph in the late 60's
think you will enjoy this bunch. see you on a ride possibly. :blackbike
S1000R
R1250RS

RichVee4

You'll find some fans of 36 here, some even make a day trip of it.    Quite the variety of bikes, I had a VF500 in 85 for a few years then a big gap until 2010 when I go back into street riding with a VFR800.  Have since added a 919.   Looking forward to meeting you on a ride sometime.
Live long and prosper \V/