Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Dub?

Started by Mel, June 28, 2014, 07:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel

Hey Dub,

I know you're the only one here adventurous enough to have done it, so have you been all the way up N. South Rd from Omo Ranch Rd to Mormon Immigrant Trail and back over to 88?

Mel

Mel

6 views but no Dub...paging Dub :)!!

dub

I have not. Is it paved the whole way? Lets do it next weekend.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Mel

I believe there is pavement the whole way, I see where you can cut over on Caldora Logging Rd and come out lower on 88 and then turn onto Panther Creek Rd which is an out and back paved road.

Yeah, I'm up for some exploring next weekend for sure because these are a few of the roads I have not been on yet 8)!

Mel

dub

Sounds like a good way to get away from the 4th of July crowds. There shouldn't be too many drunk idiots on the lonely roads of Eldorado National Forest. Put together a route for us.

Mel

Cool! I'll throw together a route the beginning of the week and we can discuss it from there. Heading out to my new hangout...Gilley's :)! That place rocks!

Mel

Mel

Dub,

I'm going to do a recon day trip this week in the van with the wife and dogs. It will be a combination of checking out the new roads, a picnic, a little hiking, and letting the dogs swim in the rivers. I'll let you know the road conditions and get some photos.

I was talking to one of my SBR friends who put on a 3 day ride where the second day went on North South Rd and he said it was a fun road, but there are campgrounds along the way for campers and dirt bike riders. There might be more traffic than usual this weekend because of the holiday weekend. I don't plan on riding very fast on the new roads so any traffic won't be a problem, but it's up to you. I should have more info after the recon trip this week.

Mel

dub

Sounds good.

Which day are we talking' about? I prefer Saturday this time.

Mel

I would prefer Saturday also!

Mel

Mel

Just a heads up Dub, heading out in the morning to do some road scouting up on North South Rd and a couple others. Should have a report with photos tomorrow evening 8)!

Mel

dub

When and where are we meeting?

Mel

Dub, downtown right now at the wing cook off. Both roads yesterday were a bust :(! North South was pretty dirty and hardly any fun turn sections. I did Silver Fork Rd off of Mormon Immigrant and up to 50, and the road was clean but again just didn't flow :(!  The roads would be cool for guys that just like to cruise and enjoy the scenery, but not for guys that like a spirited pace! I probably won't ride tomorrow after that nine and a half hour loop!

dub