Main Menu

Sunday oct 7 ride

Started by Tahoebrian5, October 02, 2012, 09:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

I had so much fun last Sunday that I'm already thinking about next weekend. La Porte anyone? I would not be opposed to moving it to Saturday if that works better for some.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

The weather should be great, high 70s.  Unfortunately or fortunately, however you look at it, I'll be focused on something else.  Can't ride either day.

vs.

Everyone have a great weekend!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Mel

GM, that's what DVR's are for  :)!

Mel

GreenMachine

Will you DVR it for me?  I don't own one.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

288RR

I'll have to see what I can do,  but its looking like I won't be able to make it.
>:(

BMWSportRider

I am game for a Sunday ride.
Motorcycles in my stable:
2008 BMW R1200RT (Sport Touring)
2011 BMW K1300S (Sportier Riding and Touring)

2005 Ellsworth Truth (OK, that's my mountain bike!)

Tahoebrian5

Alright, I'll be at n. mccarran Starbucks at 9:30.

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Mel

Tahoebrian5

West to truckee, 89 to gold lake, 70 towards Quincy, to la Porte, reverse home

Mel

See you guys in the morning! I'll probably split off from you all at LaPorte instead of doing a reverse loop. I got a couple other roads further down I want to check out.

Mel

Mel

Hey guys,

Thanks for the fun ride today! Hope you all had a good ride back from LaPorte. I had a blast on some new roads headed back towards Grass Valley. Pleasant Valley Rd and Bitney Springs Rd off of 49 circle around to Grass Valley, and if you haven't been on these roads, you need to check them out! An awesome 17 mile loop ;)!

Mel

Mel

Oh, I forgot to mention another road that the owner of the restaurant we ate at in LaPorte suggested to me. It was Oregon Hill Rd south of LaPorte and was a shortcut over to Marysville Rd, so didn't have to go down to Brownsville and turn off on Willow Glen Rd. It was a fun, bumpy ass goat road! While riding it, I had to chuckle thinking how guys on their sportbikes without suspensions dialed in for the backroads would feel ;D!

Mel

Tahoebrian5

Hey Mel, glad you found some new goat terrain. I had a ton of fun riding with you, your skills are top notch! We ran into John aka Bigcat on the way home, good times!

GreenMachine

Quote from: Mel on October 08, 2012, 08:51:41 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention another road that the owner of the restaurant we ate at in LaPorte suggested to me. It was Oregon Hill Rd ...
B b b b beennnnn n n nn nnn nnn, Th th th ere, d d d d d onnnn nnn nn n n nn nnnn nnne that! :cuckoo