Main Menu

Short Sunday Ride! 4/3

Started by Scott, April 02, 2011, 01:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

planing on doing a short late Sunday Ride ~100mi-150mi this weekend is anyone interested
maybe monitor 206,88,89,395 ~150mi 3hr map
maybe sierraville 80,89,70,395 ~110mi 2hr map
leave at noon
GSX-R600

n10sive

Monitor is still closed for the winter :(
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Scott

GSX-R600

GreenMachine

I plan on going down to June Lake for an out and back, but if I change my mind, I'd be happy to join up.

BTW, your ride route looks like Texas.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Scott

yea it kinda does dosent it!

join us if you're around suzanne and i are gonna go 2up and two others are gonna join us that im tryin to sell some SSA to
GSX-R600

wills

Looks interesting, is 89 clear or sandy? You could go Red Rock on the return, much more fun than 395 :drool
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

Scott

I've "heard" 89 has had a initial sweep on it but i dont know for sure.
I saw red rock on the map, i've never taken it.
come along Spence you can lead the way
GSX-R600

wills

High noon @ the Star bucks corral!
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

Scott

yep!

Green you comin?
GSX-R600

Scott

that was a fun trip the rest of ya missed out :P
GSX-R600

GreenMachine

Sorry I didn't make this one Scott.   Wills texted me and I told him I was just leaving (for June Lake).  He may have interpreted it as I was fueling up for the trip you guys had planned.  I thought about stopping and sending another but there's very little AT&T cell coverage south of Gardnerville.  How was Hwy 89?  That would be the one I'd be hesitant to take this early in our late Winter season.

OH MAN!  Did you guys freeze to death like I did? :ohno  I was repeatedly holding the throttle with my left hand so I could nestle my right in the radiator.  The ride back wasn't nearly as bad, as I had the sun heating my back.  Lots of riders out today though, despite the cold.

I had the good fortune to meet up with some people who I knew right as I arrived.  They let me borrow their snow mobile, so I could fetch my camera...the one that took these pics.  ** I can't live without my camera **

The trip was worth it!

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Scott

very nice, it was a little chilly at first but warmed up quick as soon as we dropped into Sierraville and Portola. 89 was decent as well, not to much sand on the road, it looked as if there was an initial sweep. had a good time I'm hoping the rest of the passes will thaw out so we can get some good trips in.

P.S. i was drunk  when iu posted this so it ,ay not make sence  :P
GSX-R600

Merlin Rhoda

It was a great first ride for 2011 for us, if a bit chilly.

Highway 89 was pretty clean. The only oddity was the restaurants closing when they saw us coming.

Scott

they saw Spence and locked there doors! Damn hooligans!  :rotflmao
GSX-R600

GreenMachine

Wills was leading, wasn't he!

I should have warned you.  :D