Main Menu

HAN DRAG RACES AT FERNELY (AUG 6th)

Started by TTPRacing, July 21, 2010, 09:21:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTPRacing

Giving everyone the heads up that HAN drags are happening this year.

Friday Night (August 6th)
35 bucks to race
Gates open at 5pm

500.00 Bucks for the fastest bike of the night.  (I will not be participating this year so you have a chance) ;D

Please start spreading the word on other forums. Lets try to make this event better for Fernley.

We also have Summit Racing sponsoring the event as well. Details will be announced as we go.

This would be good practice for the few of you doing our race series as well.  Good practice for launching in the Race series.

At the very least come watch.  Attendance will be somewhere around 1200 people.

Hope to see you there.

TTPRacing

I should also mention that between this event and the race series for the bikes, if all are successful in attendance, RFR will put the money back into the track aka bathrooms.  They just need to see positive cash flow.

n10sive

a bathroom to handle positive flow would be useful  ;D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Jp_Rio

How much to attend (just to watch)? Is this particular event only for bikes? If so, do yo know if there is a car one coming!?
What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

TTPRacing

Sorry I should be more clear, this drag race is for Hot August Nights.

It is open to cars and bikes.   If you just want to watch it is 5 dollars. There will be food and booze there.  Races go til midnight.

Jp_Rio

Quote from: TTPRacing on July 21, 2010, 11:44:49 AM
Sorry I should be more clear, this drag race is for Hot August Nights.

It is open to cars and bikes.   If you just want to watch it is 5 dollars. There will be food and booze there.  Races go til midnight.

Got it! I'll spread the word!
What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

A DRAGON

Should be a pretty good time JP.  Last year you paid $20.00 an was able to race all night. What's the cost this year Sam? Do you have requirements for the bikes and the riders?
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

youngster775

hey Sam, since your not racing can I run your ZX-14 this year? or will you be my pit crew and I'll run the R-1?  ;D
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

Rick Bay (BRA)

It is pretty nice event. I have been there a few times in the past....

dub

This sounds fun.  I wish I could go but I work friday evenings.  >:(
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

TTPRacing

Quote from: youngster775 on July 21, 2010, 07:40:53 PM
hey Sam, since your not racing can I run your ZX-14 this year? or will you be my pit crew and I'll run the R-1?  ;D

Ha ha.. you would like that wouldnt you!  ;D  Run the R-1, you got a shot, you just need to hole shot it. The fastest bike out there last year outside of me was an R1 from your club.

TTPRacing

Quote from: A DRAGON on July 21, 2010, 12:06:19 PM
Should be a pretty good time JP.  Last year you paid $20.00 an was able to race all night. What's the cost this year Sam? Do you have requirements for the bikes and the riders?

We are really easy when it comes to tech at drag racing. Just wear jacket,jeans and boots and you can race.  No full leathers required unless your running my times (9sec).

A DRAGON

Sam when you figure out a price let us know. I know your still putting it together. We ever  you come up with I'm in with both feet ;D ;D
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

TTPRacing

J,

Price is in the first thread sir.  35 bucks to race.     

We have been chatting about if we get a bunch of bikes, we may break the classes up, but that means the 500 would have to be divided up.

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750